Pumpkin Festival Parade
Join us on Saturday, September 15, for the 46th annual "Peace Love & Pumpkins" Morton Pumpkin Festival Parade! The Parade steps off at 10:30am at the corner of Nebraska and Jefferson and travels west toward the Morton Post Office (see detailed map and rules below).
Grand Prize float winner receives $500. 1st place non-commercial float and commerical float winners receive $200 each.
Please be advised if you have more than 1 entry for the parade you wish to register, please be sure to use an alternate email per registered entry. Register now!
Parade Rules and Regulations
• Parade is September 15, 2012, and steps off promptly at 10:30 a.m. Deadline for entries is August 12. Date of entry will be taken into consideration when assigning line-up numbers.
• All units must decorate to the theme, be pre-registered with the Parade Committee, and provide a description of their entry for the parade announcer.
• All participants must abide by all rules and regulations. If you have special needs or concerns, please address them on a note with your application.
• Candy may be distributed from parade entries. No literature may be distributed.
-No candy can be thrown from a float, car, truck or tractor.
-Candy may be thrown into the crowd by people walking alongside an entry.
-Walkers must be a minimum of 5’ away from an entry when throwing candy.
-Entries should not stop along the route for candy throwers to refill their containers.
• Entries must keep their unit moving along the parade route and must keep a distance of no more than 15 feet between their unit and the entry in front of them.
• Float entries must be on a hayrack or flatbed trailer and must be decorated to festival theme. The 2012 theme is Peace, Love & Pumpkins.
• Antique and custom vehicles may enter individually or as part of a group with a limit of 5 vehicles for any one group. Antique tractors pulling a float will be counted as part of the float entry.
• Walking units are limited to:
-Morton Boy Scout or Girl Scout Club
-Flag or Rifle Corp
-Politicians, as noted by rules regarding political entries
• Semi units are not permitted in the parade.
• Animal units are required to have their own clean up crew.
• Commercial Vehicles may enter the parade if they are:
-Pulling a float decorated to festival theme.
-Being used by a non-profit Morton organization and are decorated to festival theme, or in a way that promotes the organization.
-Being used by approved dignitary.
• Area politicians may enter as a separate unit or may ride on the float/entry for their party. This includes State Senators, State Representatives, Judges, Regional/County offices, and local offices.
• Parade officials reserve the right to restrict, limit or reject any entry that is considered to be inappropriate to a family-oriented festival, or does not abide by the above rules and regulations.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION!